POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : [mac os 9.1] did basic tutorial and rendering is doing nothing : [mac os 9.1] did basic tutorial and rendering is doing nothing Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  [mac os 9.1] did basic tutorial and rendering is doing nothing
From: drew
Date: 13 Jan 2004 02:00:07
Message: <web.400396cd3a64d87ad830eda30@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've a POV-Ray assignment for a 4th year graphics course and so I'm starting
early.

So I've read through the Mac specific documentation.  Then I wrote up the
sample tutorail.  This one

------------------------------

#include "colors.inc"

background < colour Cyan }

camera {
  location <0, 2, -3>
  look_at <0, 1, 2>
}

sphere {
  <0, 1, 2>, 2
  texture {
    pigment {
      colour Yellow
    }
  }
}

light_source { <2, 4, -3> colour White }

So I opened the Render options, changed nothing, then did the render
sample.pov menu option and it brings up the render progress dialog box and
just cycles through the barber tube.  It doesn't post any values for the
variables in that progress box nor does anything change in the actual
progress tube.

Any help???

I'm impressed by POV-Ray so far and hope to become a big user of it if I can
get it working.

Thanks

Andrew